CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies

My first recipe submission! I made these healthy cookies this morning and they were a great change up from my typical mug of oatmeal. Each little cookie is 1 points+.
 
Ingredients
  • 2 medium ripe mashed bananas
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup crushed almonds or walnuts

Instructions
Stir the mashed bananas, quick oats and nuts until combined. Scoop 1 tbsp portions of the mixture onto a cookie sheet, bake for 15 minutes at 350*. Makes about 16 cookies.
*my own notes; I didn't have quick oats so I put my rolled oats in the blender for a few seconds before adding them. Also, using mini chocolate chips instead of the nuts would still make them 1 points plus each.
Recipe from www.skinnytaste.com and yeah, her photos are way better than mine. I'm assuming she doesn't take hers with her phone.
 
Regarding the card a few posts down about the cooking show with kids around - this is what my littlest monkey was doing while I made these. She was making her own cupcakes in the iPod.
 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Meagan Kenney

Yum! These look great, will have to try!

The Calagna Family

I love how you guys are posting really healthy recipes! And do-able ones!! I am still on a kind of boring diet and Chris is too, so I haven't been cooking much besides chicken/fish and veggies. I will be doing both your recipes though when I get around to eating good things again!!!! xox

GmaSesh

These look delicious ... please make them again in one week!

Post a Comment