CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Amy's Awesome Chicken Salad goes to WW!

I think it's so funny that we all start out our posts with "I borrowed this from....or I stole this off...or, I can't take credit for this one". That tells me we are doing exactly what we set out to do with this little blog; use our collective power to find the most awesome recipes out there!




So true to form, I can’t take credit for this one. Amy served this delicious chicken salad on a croissant at Becky’s shower for Vincent and I have loved it ever since. Since I am a WW, I swapped the mayo for plain Greek yogurt. I also don’t really count the amount of veggies I use because they are 0 points so I tend to go heavy, but I made an attempt at quantities for you below; adjust to your taste. You can easily double this recipe to feed more people (the quantity below gave me lunches for 4 days). I usually put this on a sandwich thin or on a bed of arugula.






INGREDIENTS

1 can(s) Premium chunk white chicken in water (I get the Trader Joe’s brand)

2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (Also from TJ’s)

½ cup(s) uncooked celery (I use 4 small stalks)

1 serving(s) TJ's Baby Carrots (3 oz) (if you get those small snack packs, the quantity in there works)

2 Tbsp dried cranberries (Also from TJ’s)

⅔ cup Fage Yogurt, Greek Strained, Nonfat Plain, Total 0%

½ cup(s) Scallions, raw (I use one whole one, green and white parts)

1 tsp Pepper, black

1 tsp Kosher salt



INSTRUCTIONS

1. Shred chicken with two forks.

2. Chop celery, carrots, scallion and cranberries.

3. Add chopped walnuts and yogurt and mix well.

4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.



Yields 1/2 cup per serving.

3 PointsPlus Values

3 comments:

The Calagna Family

I freakin' LOVE this chicken salad! I am so excited that you tried it with Greek Yogurt and it was a success. Brilliant! Can't wait to try on my own over here! xoxox

The Calagna Family

P.S...I guess that is why it was in the box lunch of "things Becky loves"!

Amanda Roe

It's looks delish. Bianca I didn't know you were WW, makes me happy to see the points. I'm still learning to love Greek yogurt. I will try this though!

Post a Comment